Re: Spamassassin + exim

On 03-09-01 01:48 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Actually it is a more secure version of what I have done here.  In fact I
> do it the really half-baked way by adding myself to the mail and gave myself
> sudo access to chmod to get the directories to the right permission.

cool. thanks for the feedback. just for the archives, I noticed this
morning SA wasn't able to update it's bayes db. I'm not really sure why,
but I had to change the OPTIONS line in /etc/default/spamassassin to
specify that spamd should run as user mail. While I was at it, I dropped
the -c (create user_prefs per user), so that file looks like this:

ENABLED=1 	# turn on spamd
OPTIONS="-m 10 -u mail"

yet even after that my mutt macros to '| spamassassin -r' &etc were
updating the bayes_* files in my ~/.spamassassin/ dir.. I guess because
I already had the user_prefs file.. adding the same bayes_path setting
to my ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs that I had put in
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf finished the conversion to using a site-wide
spamd/bayes db (i hope).

my ~/.spamassassin/auto_whitelist file is still being used privately

hope it's of interest.
Kenneth