Re: Gnome 2.2 on Sid (not Sis)

Hi,

* Hooman <a_linux_newbie@yahoo.ca> [030901 15:45]:
> Hi,
> I upgraded my Woody to Sid using apt-get. After
> installation finished I feel that Gnome has some
> missing parts (some icons are obviously missing).

Can you be more specific. What exactly is missing? In case you didn't
know, many "things" that existed in Gnome 1.4, do not exist in Gnome
2.x. Do you have the gnome-applets package installed? Perhaps these
are the "icons" you refer to.

> Here is the result of a dpkg command: savalan:/home/hooman# dpkg -l
> gnome Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold |
> Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Description
> ii gnome 30 a complete desktop environment and applicati
>
> What is the meaning of all these?

Huh? What do you mean? If you are referring to the "dpkg -l gnome"
output it means that "gnome" it is installed and you want it to be
installed. If you want to know what the "gnome" package actually is try:

apt-cache show gnome

> Is there any way that I can reinstall the whole Gnome?

I think you