Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 04:31:10AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 01:00:53PM -0400, Travis Crump (pretzalz@techhouse.org) wrote:
> > Steve Lamb wrote:
> > >    What's worse is that so far noone's told me how two people using C-R
> > >    ever
> > >*start* communicating.  Person 1 mails person 2.  Person 2's C-R sends off
> > >challenge to Person 1.  Person 1's C-R sends off a challenge to Person 2.
> > >Repeat.
> > >

> > I think the theory is that Person 1 automatically whitelists person 2
> > when he sends him an email.  Not that I really see how this helps when
> > person 1 sends email from computer X and receives email on computer Y.
> > Apparently these people only ever use one computer.
>
> Still wrong.
>
> A sends a message to B.  A autowhitelists B.
>
> A _receives a challenge not from B, but from B's C-R system.  Since B's
> C-R system isn't known, A's C-R system sends a challenge in response.
>
> Rinse, wash, repeat.

No, please, Karsten. Whatever your thoughts on C-R might be, its
proponents are not _stupid_. Don't you think such a simple situation
would've been thought of?

A sends message to B. A autowhitelists B.

A receives challenge from B's C-R system which originates (of course)
from B's e-mail address. A's C-R system recognizes B (and thus B's C-R)
and dumps the challenge in A's mailbox. A responds to the challenge
and the link is set up.

David