Re: web interface to submit bugs

El 02 Aug 2003 17:48:45 -0500 Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> escribió:

> Personally I find reportbug plenty easy enough. Though for a web
> interface, I'd think it would be quite easy to write a web front-end for
> reportbug. Then again, it would be about as easy to write a web
> front-end from scratch as well. :)

Yeah. reportbug isn't bad, but it requires a mail server (or a mail account).
Web interface should be an option, at least IMHO.

I like the KISS principle, too (bugzilla is full featured, no doubt in that)
but it has some nice things ie: new bugs reported today (if the debian system
can do this i don't know how to do it due to the bad interface)

also, bugzilla makes contributions easier: It's damn easy to read the bugs
reported to day, and try to fix one if you're not a developer. Much easier
than sending requests to request@bugs.debian.org

The current system is good, but it's a bit "obscure" and at least it needs
a bit of work to be usable for everybody.

I think this is important because isn't allowing to use the full potential
of all the users - I want to help to fix simple bugs, or add comments, or
experiences or - and that means faster stabilizations, etc.