Re: Kernel 2.6.0-test2 minor issues. Works well!!! [tux/logo fix]

On Friday 01 August 2003 11:45 pm, Tom White wrote:
> I think that you need to have framebuffer support for your video card
> compiled into the kernel to get the penguin to show up after lilo loads
> the second-stage bootloader.  I'm not sure what other options need to be
> set.

I found out what was the problem with the logo in the kernel mail list.
Aparently is a small error in the code. Here is the solution:

> Logo has dissapeared after 2.6.0-test1-mm2.
Is the missing of fbdev patch.
at line 328 of drivers/video/cfbimgblt.c change

   328          } else if (image->depth == bpp)

   328          } else if (image->depth <= bpp)

and it will works again.

I just cut and pasted this from another email. I tried it and it works.