Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:17:28 +0100, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> said:

> I do not dispute that they eliminate spam, at least with the current
> generation of spamming technology. I merely claim that they are far
> from invulnerable, in particular to false positives. Some people
> care about this, some don't, and that's fine. However, *please*
> accept the existence of the other camp!

	I think we should get a few things clear.

	Any mechanism that eliminates spam is likely to have false
 positives and false negatives;  Alan has been trying to say that his
 system reduces false negatives to nothing; I actully contest this
 statement in the face of things like klez and increasingly
 sophisticated spoofing of real email addresses by spammers.

	This is done, as you rightly state, at the expense of a far
 higher false positive rate; which some people (including me) find
 unacceptable.

	manoj
--
If you have nothing to do, don't do it here.