Netgear Wireless USB Adapter (MA111) on Debian Linux

Hi Everybody,
    I've just purchased a wireless USB Ethernet adapter (Netgear Wireless USB Adapter, MA11) and would like to use it on Debian Linux.  There is no mention of Linux support on the box and I know that historically Linux has been very USB-unfriendly.  However, I know that modern kernels theoretically, at least, support USB.  Has anyone been able to use this adapter? If so, how?
    If the card is not compatible, I can still return it and buy a different one.  If so, which wireless cards do support Linux?
    I'd appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,

Shahar Yuval