Re: Linux firewall vs Windows and Hardware based firewalls

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:21:57AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:

This is assuming you are under 256 users on a subnet.

Why would it be a problem with more?

I don't know that it would and am doubtful that it would.
But I'm certain of a single 24-bit subnet would be fine with something that would be very small in horsepower.

I don't have the experience to make larger statements and don't feel like having my head bit off by some over zealous weenie willing to fault my every keystroke.

Or maybe that was another mailing list... ;)

--
Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down.