Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:38:10AM -0700, Alan Connor wrote:
> I should have added that  debian.org is on my pass list. The domain name.
>
> Anyone mailing me from any address there wouldn't even know I was running
> a C-R system.

A fair proportion of my spam comes from debian.org addresses; spammers
are becoming more adept at forging sender addresses, frequently by
pulling addresses from e.g. web pages and using one address as the
source and the others as the target, so the recipients are likely to
know the alleged sender.

I predict that challenge-response systems will become increasingly less
useful as time goes on due to this trend.