Is there a *console* screen capture

> From ke6sls@arrl.net Thu Jul 31 21:53:15 2003
>

> I would like to take a few snapshots of a console where I have dosemu running
> and old DOS application.  Does anyone know of a utility that can grab that
> screen from another console?
>
> TIA, wishing you well.
>
> I don't see this post on the list, so I am re-sending it.
>
> - --
>
> Jaye Inabnit<ARS ke6sls>A Debian-Gnu/Linux user
> If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.
> Free software, in a free world, for a free spirit. Please Support freedom!

As root do:

 cat /dev/vcs1 > file

where 1 refers to tty1.

Please don't clutter your posts with pgp signatures.
Most of us don't have the software to interpret them
and I, for one, don't give a rip if you are who you say
you are or not. We are exchanging info about DEbian/Linux,
NOT  Swiss bank account numbers....

Alan

--

      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam