Re: How to make the debian system shut down with power off?

I don't know if this helps, but I've compiled my kernel with ACPI
instead of APM and installed the acpid package and all works OK! (I
also selected the ACPI option on the BIOS, so I suppose that if you
have it selected and are trying to use the APM it gives some kind of
conflict since they can't be used at the same time)
I've read somewhere that the Debian kernel is compiled with both
types and you have to select wich one to use through LILO, if you
don't it uses APM has default. I'm not sure about this part though.

These are just "wild" thoughts... but I hope I have helped in
something...

---
Paladin