Re: Recommended hardware

 --- Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com> escribió:
> On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 17:11, DGLUser wrote:
> > Hi all, I need to buy a new computer, w/o monitor my budget is about $1000
> usd, and I need to have a decent system. I cheked the ones being sold by
> Walmart online (microtel), but I didn't see any dvd/cd burner/drive
> capability. I wasn't sure either about their integrated sound/video memory,
> which has been a pain in the past for me at least.
> > I would appreciate any recommendations or pointers. I would even buy parts
> and try to put them together (far from expert, but willing to try if I know
> that the parts will work with debian).
> > Basically that's all.
> > Thanks to all for any ideas forthcoming.
> >
> Hi Tony,
> if you are buying things in person,
> bring along a knoppix cd. While it does not represent 100%
> compatibility, it will be helpful. If it works with knoppix, you can be
> more confident about buying it. (if you dont know what Knoppix is, its a
> live boot cd based on debian--google for it)
> -Kev

You can also buy an HP with Mandrake preinstalled (then wipe it and install
Debian).

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/12454-64287-89301.html

The one I looked at was $711 with P4 2.4 GHZ, 512 MB, 40 GB @ 7200 RPM,
48/24/48 CD-RW, and nVidia 8X AGP 64 MB.  It as a model 330.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es