Re: E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on libpam0g

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Niall Mansfield wrote:

> About a month ago I upgraded a server from Potato to Woody - all OK.
>
> Recently, on the same server, I added 'unstable' entries
> to /etc/apt/souces.list, which now reads:
>
>   deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib non-free
>   deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian-non-US/ woody/non-US main contrib non-free
>   deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
>   deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian-non-US/ unstable/non-US main contrib
> non-free
>
> When I ran 'dselect' many packages installed OK, but
> now I'm stuck -- every time I run dselect now I get
>
>   E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on libpam0g

Just how I do it:

apt-get dist-upgrade
stops with that internal error,
then I go to /var/apt/cache (or something like that -- see man apt-get)

there I do
dpkg -i libpam0g*
which gives a dependency error
after trying a lot I ended up doing

dpkg -i libpam0g* libpam-modules libdb3*

(the last -- libdb3 -- you should check in the error messages)

After that it works and you can redo a dist-upgrade

wfg,

Gaspard