Re: Problems with ncurses in X

On Tue, July 01 at  6:27 PM EDT
Marc Wilson <msw@cox.net> wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:58:05PM +0100, Paladin wrote:
>> For some time now I've been having some problems with ncurses
>> programs inside X. When running "make menuconfig", for example,
>> inside xterm or Eterm all frame lines appear as characters!
>
>Well, I can't speak to what Eterm does, but this usually is because
>xterm thinks the font you're using (whatever it is) has line-drawing
>characters, and it doesn't.  Are you running xterm anti-aliased?

Marc's explanation sounds right.  The other suggestion I can think of is
to set your xterm to 80x25.  I think they are 80x24 by default. if you
do $echo $COLUMNS $LINES from an xterm it will tell you what you have.

>P.S. - I tried sending this mail with an attachment, but the mail
>didn't seem to get there with it.

This is a text only mailing list, nothing wrong on your end.

Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson@verizon.net
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0