RE: Trying Again

Rather than muck around downloading an iso image whatever if you don't
have an Internet connection why not buy debian 3 with a 2.4 kernel.
They're available here in Aus for $20 approx. or USD12.

That way, unless you've got a really 'off the wall' nic it'll discover
it, and most of your other hardware most likely, during a normal
installation.

John