Re: xdm starting, but not configured

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 04:04:47PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Pigeon wrote:
> > Don't forget Ctrl-Alt-F[1..6] to get from your garbled X screen to a
> > console.
>
> Tried that, no dice. So i re-installed. I'm so impatient, eh?

Ack, my apologies - I should have mentioned that there's a shell
option on the install disk from which you could have disabled your xdm
login. Go as if to install; on the screen with the scrollable menu
that the installation process walks you through, scroll down the menu
and somewhere near the bottom you'll find "Execute a Shell". So you
just go straight to that without doing any installing, and you can
then mount your HDs by hand and edit the init scripts or whatever.

Bit late now, but might come in useful in future.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons