Re: Gnome does not create windows automatically

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 03:13, Hamid wrote:
> Well,
> I use "gdm" to login to gnome and I guess it is the gnome window
> manager, right ?

The manual placement sounds like twm. Are the window decorations green
with white borders? I remember to have read several threads some time
ago about this.
The debian alternatives system seems to be at fault here. Search the
archive for instructions for changing the windowmanager the debian way.
You can also try to open a terminal and do this:

killall twm && sleep 3 && metacity  &

then, issue a

gnome-session-save

to save the session.