Re: upgrade to testing messed up lilo

Hi

This may be caused because files such as /boot/boot.b /boot/boot-menu.b are
deprecated in newer versions of LILO and may conflict with previous LILO
installations.

Please refer to LILO documentation at /usr/share/doc/lilo/README.common.problems

The most important thing to note is the following:

-- snip --
Problem:  When I boot, all I get is 'LI'
=======================================
This means the first-stage loader gained control; it thought it success-
fully loaded the second-stage loader; but it never got there.  This most
often occurs when the second-stage loader, '/boot/boot.b', is not load-
able using the BIOS.

First, have you tried specifying 'lba32' in your 'lilo.conf' file?  On
newer systems, this will almost always work, since the loader will now
use the newer EDD packet calls, which are not cylinder-limited.
-- snip --

Regards,
Andrés