Re: Q: Transparrent ssh tunneling

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 07:02:22PM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there software that allows me to transparently forward internet
> connections through an ssh tunnel?
>
> I.e. I want to transparently automate the following commands:

> 	$ netcat localhost <localport>
>
> So that every internet connection I make goes through the ssh tunnel and
> then originates from the shellhost.

Something that might work (depending on what rights you have on the
shell host) is to use ppp over ssh (big warning : this is not supposed
to be recommended, but it does work rather well if your internet
connection is reasonably lossless). I think it will require root access
on both sides.

I wouldn't be surprised if what you want is possible using the linux
advanced routing features, but I don't know much about them. Try
searching the web on 'linux advanced routing'

Frank