Re: Switch from Gnome to KDE...

On Sunday 02 March 2003 03:52 pm, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> So, I'm pretty certain there are "K" equivalents to all "G"
> applications. The only app I'm unsure about is Mozilla (and Phoenix). I
> thought they depended on GTK libs, but 'apt-cache show mozilla-browser'
> doesn't seem to indicate that. That's good !

Why not keep both installed? Then you can use both sets of apps. Gnome apps
run in KDE, KDE apps run in Gnome. And in any other window manager, for that
matter.

<snip>
> It looks like unstable only has KDE 2.2 available. Isn't KDE up in the 3
> range ?? I see an article at debianplanet.com the KDE3 started into SID
> on Feb 5...

Start here, KDE3 and Debian : Frequently Asked Questions
http://davidpashley.com/debian-kde/faq.html

There are at least three different sources for KDE debs. Use only the ones
from kde.org.  KDE3 won't make it into stable for a while yet, though it will
eventually. Stick with what the FAQ says and you'll be fine.

--
Carla Schroder