Re: debian on laptop w/ limited ram/speed/HD

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:05:05PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> A middle-aged (~4 years old -- so, not old, not new) laptop is about
> to become available to me, and I'd like to install debian on it.
> The system is an HP Omnibook A4100,

> P-II 300
> 96 meg ram
> 20 gig hard drive
I dont think that spec if particulaly limited!
from the subject line i was thinking 386 25mhz 4mb ram 40mb hdd...

the above will be fine!

and ill second that icewm rocks! -if you wannt a quick easy way to try
ice and OOo on the above laptop, try knoppix.

hugh