Re: knowledge

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 08:07:27PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Existence is a trinity of three equivalent aspects: matter,
> motion, and consciousness. None of these three can exist
> without the other two. All matter is in motion and has
> consciousness. Matter is composed of primordial atoms, which
> Pythagoras called monads, the smallest possible parts of
> primordial matter and the smallest firm points for individual
> consciousness.  The original cause of motion is the dynamic
> energy of primordial matter. To begin with, consciousness in
> the primordial atoms is potential (unconscious), is gradually
> awakened in the process of manifestation, becoming actualized
> passive consciousness, and subsequently becomes increasingly
> more active in ever higher worlds of ever higher natural
> kingdoms.

sounded reasonable until i got to the point where i could
conclude that 'sandstone is self-aware' from your text.

matter, time (motion), energy, and space yes. something (matter)
has to be doing the existing; if it can change it needs time;
for any change to occur, forces (energy) must be exerted to make
it happen; and all this must have room to do so, in.

even if there's no observer.

time (motion): 1 dimension (forward, backward)
energy: 1 dimension (more, less)
space: 3 dimensions (up/down, east/west, north/south vectors)
matter: many dimensions/properties: mass, electromagnetic
  attributes, chemical reactivities, nuclear aspects... etc until
  we get to consciousness (on earth, in the higher primates
  outside of political office)

consciousness is an incidental attribute of serendipitous
circumstances*. (and, so far as we can tell to date, scarce.)

also see "the origin of consciousness (in the breakdown of the
bicameral mind)" by the late dr. julian jaynes.

* which very well may have been by design.

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #23 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Wondering what you should BACK UP -- and what you shouldn't? Here's
a "how I do it" written by a debian-user regular, Karsten Self:
	http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/backups.html
This is a frequent topic on debian-user; check the archives at
lists.debian.org for other backup approaches -- search for
"backup scheme".