Re: cdrecord: What does "BURN-Free is OFF" mean?

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 11:57:27AM -0800, Paul E Condon wrote:

> I notice a slight difference in the messages from cdrecord when I
> write using these: The newer, non-working writer messages contain an
> extra message "BURN-Free is OFF" What does this mean and does it
> have anything to do with the CDs being unuseable on any other
> computers?

I wouldn't think so - from cdrecord man page:

  driveropts=option list
    Set  driver  specific options. The options are specified a comma
    separated  list.   To  get  a  list   of   valid   options   use
    driveropts=help together with the -checkdrive option.  Currently
    implemented driver options are:

    burnfree
      Turn the support for Buffer  Underrun  Free  writing  on.
      This  only  works for drives that support Buffer Underrun
      Free technology.  This may be called:  Sanyo  BURN-Proof,
      Ricoh Just-Link, Yamaha Lossless-Link or similar.

      The  default  is to turn BURN-Free off, regardless of the
      defaults of the drive.

    noburnfree
      Turn the support for Buffer Underrun Free writing off.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
					Psalm 130:3