RE: Howto redirect output from a terminal

> From: sean finney wrote:
> heya,
>
> i'd suggest either nohup or screen.  the former is dirt
> simple but not very featureful, and the second is the opposite.

OK, I just installed screen, very cool program, but not what I am looking
for.  I need to be able to run a program in a window.  Then when later
logging into this machine remotely be able to view the output of a program
that is running in the X terminal window that I started earlier when I was
at the console.  Does that make more sense?  I read the man page for nohup,
this is not going to do what I am asking.

Thanks!

Michael