xterm menus

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 07:46:02PM +1100, Russell wrote:
> If you press Ctrl + mouse button (1,2,3 or whatever) over an xterm, you can
> change various settings and fonts and make the home and end keys work etc...

when i do this (woody, using gnome with sawfish) control-click
thing i get a menu, but the background is a white-to-light-gray
vignette (top-to-bottom) and the text is white! very hard to
read.

for the rest of my environment (desktop-click, for example) i
get black text and all is delightfully readable. but not for
xterm popup menus.

how do i change those specs?

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #44 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Ever think you're reading OUTDATED DOCUMENTATION? Check the
last-revised-date: if it's more than a few years ago, then
there's probably something more recent out there. It may
be under a whole different name, so it'll take perseverance
and determination on your part. Be alert -- you'll find it!