Re: Windows Telnet

> I've actually had a little bit of a bad experience trying to do this.
> I have Deep XResources Magic that causes fonts to come up at the
> reported resolution of the display and to prefer scalable fonts,
> rather than using fixed 75 or 100dpi fonts.  My normal xterm font is
> 11pt Courier; trying 'xterm -fa Courier -fs 11' comes out looking
> noticably different (notably, with more leading).

*tries  xterm -fa "Lucida Console" -fs 14*
*jaw hits the floor loudly*
*hand smacks forehead for not realizing he could have simply used xterm all
along...*

Now, before I bother to figure this out myself, I should ask if anyone else
has bothered to figure out exactly how to make the xterm colors *exactly* the
same as the linux tty colors?

I have gotten this as a starting point:

edit /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color:

*VT100*color0: black
*VT100*color1: red
*VT100*color2: green
*VT100*color3: yellow
*VT100*color4: blue
*VT100*color5: magenta
*VT100*color6: cyan
*VT100*color7: white
*VT100*color8: black
*VT100*color9: red
*VT100*color10: green
*VT100*color11: yellow
*VT100*color12: blue
*VT100*color13: magenta
*VT100*color14: cyan
*VT100*color15: white
*VT100*colorUL: yellow
*VT100*colorBD: white

I don't really know anything about xresources, so the *VT100... part might be
non-ideal.  Also, these colors are just a starting point.

anyone?

-jason pepas