Re: SOLVED: Re: starting X

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 04:26:09PM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> it seems weird to me that i'm in the group 'nori' and not 'users', but

Debian creates a new user for each group by default.  I think it's
possible to change that, but I've never felt the need...

> the permissions on my homedir are correct, and i can create
> directories and files myself.  they *were* weird when i copied
> everything from CD (everything was 444, pretty much -- but my homedir
> never was) ... but i've changed the only ones that matter, afaict.

Ouchy.  I had this problem when I restored from a CD too.  In future
I'll be much more careful with my mkisofs options.  The only programs
that really cared for me tho were SSH and GPG, for obvious reasons :)

-rob