Re: Windows Telnet

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 04:00:10PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

>     Not to mention that the aforementioned terminals are
> nowhere-near as adaptable and reliable as xterm. It was one of the
> only terms that supported turning off BoldMode, for example, and can
> be compiled with logging. I hate the fact that KDE/Gnome developers
> don't like X resources. Now I have to go to three places to
> customize my apps instead of one. Thanks for nothing.

I agree.  They really should have started with XTerm and took some of
the basic settings for XTerms and put it in the preferences, and had
an advanced button or something to play with everything else xterm is
capable of.  And used the Xresources for all of these options when
saving them out.

This would have improved on a good thing and made it more newbie
accessible, instead of reinventing the wheel the wrong way by adding
corners...

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user