Windows Telnet

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 09:11, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:24:10AM -0500, Walter Tautz [MFCF] wrote:
[snip]
> However, one thing that tweaks me about both DEs, still, is that they
> go out and clone xterm.  Uuh, why?  And why make it as ugly and only
> slightly more useful than Windows Telnet?  I realise that DE's are
> supposed to be most helpful for newbies, but *jeeze*, I have to wonder
> if anybody stopped for a moment and thought that maybe unleashing
> something as garish and stubborn as Windows Telnet on the Linux
> community isn't the right thing to do.

As someone who (a) finds your posts on the list very useful, and
(b) has used Windows Telnet, I think that you should:

take 3 asprin, a tall glass of water and sleep off your New
Year's hangover in a dark, quiet room...

There is *no* comparison between that barely screen-oriented
Windows Telnet and Gnome Terminal and konsole, both of which
work great, and, even though they are "heavier", look much better
than xterm.  Fonts in xterms are just plain hard to read.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |