Re: Security Question

Thanks Colin for all the info.
Here is the header stuff on PBINDING but i think its a waste of time to debug their stuff any further. I think I will try to downgrade to their version of glibc and try it. (is glibc mean gnu libc?? because they said they weren't sure that the gnu c libs were compatible with redhat which just confused me.)

ps how does one get earlier versions of things with dselect?

typedef struct {
    /*desription of the device */
    struct device *pDevice;
    struct packet_type *pPT;
    int (*InjectReceive) (struct sk_buff *, struct device *,
                          struct packet_type *);
    int (*InjectSend) (struct sk_buff * skb, struct device * dev);
    int original_mtu;
    struct dst_entry *dst;

    BOOL injectSendCalled;
    BOOL injectRecvCalled;
    inject_status send_stat;
    inject_status recv_stat;
} BINDING, *PBINDING;

Thanks again
John

At 11:08 AM 1/3/2003, you wrote:
On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:03:36AM -0800, John Gedeon wrote:

> >Can we see a few lines of code around those locations in that file?
>
> lines 1107 - 1128
>
>     PBINDING pBinding;
>
>     if (!Binding)
>         return CNI_E_BAD_BINDING;
>
>     pBinding = (PBINDING) Binding;
>
>     if (!ppMacAddress || !pulMacAddressSize)
>         return CNI_E_BAD_PARAMETER;
>

>     *ppMacAddress = pBinding->pDevice->dev_addr;   // 1118

That suggests to me that some header file is not being properly included
at the top of linuxcniapi.c. I don't know which without knowing what
PBINDING expands to, though (it'll be a #define or a typedef for some
other type).