Re: PCAnywhere and IPCHAINS

Simon Tneoh Chee-Boon said:

>    I've executed the following commands:
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L externalip 5631 -R internalip 5631
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L externalip 5631 -R internalip 5631
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L externalip 5632 -R internalip 5632
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L externalip 5632 -R internalip 5632
> ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 5631 5632 -h internalip
> ipmasqadm autofw -A -r udp 5631 5632 -h internalip

why are you doing both autofw and portfw? I would just use portfw.

Also be sure when your connecting to externalip you do so from
OUTSIDE the NAT network. my experience is that you cannot connect to
the external interface of a port forwarded system from behind the
same NAT that forwards it. Nor can you connect to the port forwarded
system on the external ip from the NAT box itself.

nate