Terminus game and libstdc++.so.2.8

I got the game Terminus and installed it on my Woody box.
Every time I try to run it I get this error:

terminus: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.2.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried to look up things on Google, and the best I found is this post which shows what the makers of the game think:

And I also found this similar information on this mailing list:

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:16:08PM +0100, j2 wrote:
> I seem to need the above to make McAfee uscan run. It did not like a symlink > to a 2.10 version. Hints and/or suggestions? (Running a run-of-the-mill 3.0
> system on i386).

Grab libstdc++2.8 from potato. It should still work OK.

(/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/oldlibs/libstdc++2.8_2.90.29-2.deb)

The question I have is: How?
I tried to simply add a line to sources.list that replaces stable with potato, but it had issues when it got to that line.
Thanks,
Gianfranco