RE: Synching disk on logout -- switched to EXT3

Thanks to all the good advice here, I made the switch to ext3. It was quite
painless, was neither doable nor necessitating a CD-boot.

Just did the tune2fs -j and edited the fstab and rebooted.

Note that on boot now, I get a warning something like:
ext2 loader warning, ext3 superblock ..... mounted ext3, filesystem ext2.

Besides this, runs perfectly and survived one switch off with a flawless fsck.