Re: Upgrading from stable to testing with apt-get?

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 at 17:02 GMT, Josh Robinson penned:

> --=-uzmGsEA+c4X4kdWAzKLY Content-Type: text/plain
>

>> Your must have set your partitions up as logical partitions.  Logical
>> partitions start at 5.
>
> how wonderfully, err, logical

Logical vs. Primary.  Logical partitions are a work-around for the fact
that you can only have four primary partitions.  So 1-4 are reserved for
primary partitions, and logical partitions start at 5.

See, it *is* logical =)

I'm not sure why you can only have four primary partitions, nor whether
the logical partition scheme (which after all sounds like a hack) has
any pitfalls.

--
monique