Re: Upgrading from stable to testing with apt-get?

all sorted out: thanks to all for your help. nice shiny box, working as
new - and i no longer have to use pine to get at my email!

for some reason, my partitions are hda5 through 8 - i have no idea quite
how or why i set them up like that, but once i'd found that out, it was
all ok.

oh, and using the non-corrupt version of the woody CD that i've got was
something of a help, too.

thanks again,

josh