Sony Micro Vault Question

I received a Sony Micro Vault USB pen disk for Chrismas.
It works fine on a windows machine, but not under Linux.

I have been using a Memorex USB pen disk without problems.
However, the Sony device seems to be determined not to work.
It is recognized according to the entries in the messages file  and
listed as sda with four partitions.

However, all attempts to mount it have failed.
Running fdisk on /dev/sda  as well as sda1through 4 results in a "unable
to read" message.

Has anyone gotten one of these Sony drives to work on Debian and, if so,
how?

TIA

Ed Lawson