Re: libc6-dev depends from linux-kernel-headers ?

Hello

Axel Burwitz (<axel.burwitz@web.de>) wrote:

> I have following problem and can't find resolution in books, doc, and
> google:
>
> When I want to install libc6-dev with apt-get, I get the message:
>
> "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   libc6-dev: Depends: linux-kernel-headers but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages"
>
> Can't find a package with this name, there's no file with this name
> installed somewhere in my system, etc etc
>
> Some things I found with google indicate that in woody there is not
> such a dependancy.
>
> What can I do ??

If I remember correctly, the headers were part of the libc6-dev package
(and still are, if you use Woody), but some time ago the package was
split and they are now in their own package. So you should try to get
them from the same source you got your libc6-dev from. Where exactly
does that package come from?

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--