Re: David Grudek/COR/AXE is out of the office.

> > > I guess it's a religious war, but for once the superior options
> > > seem technically obvious.
> >
> > My point was that neither is "backwards".  Dates are no different
> > than any other language element.  Americans usually say, "January
> > fourth, two thousand three" and so they write their dates that way.
> > Brits tend to say"Fourth of January...".  It's simply dialect
> > stretching back centuries, and nothing to do with date sorting on
> > computers.

Let me add another element to this topic: In the English language, at
least in its American version, the simple division operation 6/2 = 3  in
its long form is written

             3
         ________
         |   6
    2   |
   ___ |

which corresponds to 6 divided by 2 is 3, but is not exactly
co-sequential with its written form. Hence the common confusion among
the not so educated as to the written notation. I find the notation used
in (the rest of the planet ?) other parts more corresponding to the
human language:

    6 |  2
            3

By the way, did anybody read about the varying frecuency of dislexia,
according to the spoken language? That was very interesting data.