Unable to boot new kernel 2.6.0

Hi All,
I have installed the new kernel deb package 2.6.0 and after configuring lilo and rebooting I am not able to boot the machine successfully. I am getting the following error:
VFS:Cannot open root device "301" or unknwon-block(3,1)
Kernel panic:VFS:Unable to mount root fs or unknown-block(3,1)
And the system just hangs there. I am using sid distribution.
Any help from you will be highly appreciated, thanks.

--SmB

This is my simple /etc/lilo.conf here which looks like the following:
lba32
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda1
install=/boot/boot.b