Re: lilo fails, /dev/sda not readable

Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@mindspring.com> writes:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 at 3:05pm, Andrés Roldán wrote:
>
> :Add the line:
> :
> :disk=/dev/sda inaccessible
> :
> :to the lilo.conf file.
>
> Thanks!  That fixed it.  But why does lilo care about /dev/sda in the
> first place?

If you see the output of lilo -v5 you will notice that LILO tries to
read all the possible disks on the system. For the last days, the use of
of extraible devices has grown among the users and for a strange reason
(may it a device driver problem or a LILO problem itself), LILO gets
confused when trying to access the device.

I will take time off to solve this problem as soon as possible.