Re: Strange Sparc Behavior: FTP, HTTP broken

Antony Gelberg wrote:
On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 07:23:22PM -0500, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

I'm running several Linux systems, and have been doing so for quite some time, so I'm not exactly a newbie at this stuff. But my UltraSparc box has me completely baffled.

FTP and HTTP are broken to the internet, but not locally. In other words, I can FTP into a system on my LAN, but FTP times out to the network. HTTP is the same way. I can ping systems (for example, ftp.debian.org), but FTP times out connecting to them.

I've tried connecting the system directly to my DSL modem (bypassing the network), without success. I've tried various cables. I've studied my configuration files. I've sacrificed a black goat at midnight.

I see nothing unusual in the logs. What, pray tell, could be keeping the system from talking to nodes outside my LAN?

Are you running a firewall?  Can you post output of iptables -L?

Galileo:~# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

I'm running through a router with a pretty basic firewall; there's nothing specific assigned to or blocked from the Sparc. I've tried connecting the Sparc directly to the DSL modem, with no useful results.

--
Scott Robert Ladd