Re: Missing Fonts :(

Em Dom 28 Dez 2003 02:58, Jeetu Golani escreveu:Section "Files"
> Hi there,
>
> First, Seasons Greeting and may all of you have an awesome New Year ahead
> of you.
>
> I'm using Sarge and KDE 3.1.4 and have just dist-upgraded my system. Though
> my system functions normally I don't have most of my fonts in KDE. The
> Helvetica font is one such font that I can't locate in the Font Selector
> list. Therefore I'm left with some very poor quality fonts.
>
> I do have xfonts-100dpi installed and the 75dpi variant. Thinking that the
> old xfs may be creating a problem I've installed xfs-xtt and removed xfs.
> Still I get the same result.
>
> Xlsfonts seems to show the font Helvetica and in Xfontsel I can select the
> font and it shows up, I think it looks ok. How do I turn this on in KDE?

I had the same problem here.
apt-get install msttcorefonts plus a lot of other font packages solve the
problem here.

Here's my XF86Config-4

        FontPath        "unix/:7100"                    # local font server
        # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"

HTH.

--
Rafael Alexandre Schmitt