Missing Fonts :(

Hi there,

First, Seasons Greeting and may all of you have an awesome New Year ahead of
you.

I'm using Sarge and KDE 3.1.4 and have just dist-upgraded my system. Though my
system functions normally I don't have most of my fonts in KDE. The Helvetica
font is one such font that I can't locate in the Font Selector list.
Therefore I'm left with some very poor quality fonts.

I do have xfonts-100dpi installed and the 75dpi variant. Thinking that the old
xfs may be creating a problem I've installed xfs-xtt and removed xfs. Still I
get the same result.

Xlsfonts seems to show the font Helvetica and in Xfontsel I can select the
font and it shows up, I think it looks ok. How do I turn this on in KDE?

Any ideas would really be appreciated since I've spent quite a few days trying
to sort this out myself.

Thanks
Jeetu