Re: 2 NIC's, assigned in wrong order

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 12:56:47PM -0700, Dean Allen Provins wrote:
> I have two Ethernet cards (NICs) in a PII-300.  The first recognized is
> an NE2000 ISA clone at IRQ10, and the second is a PCI at (shared) IRQ
> 12.
>
> I would like the second (the PCI) to be assigned as ETH0, and the first
> (ISA) to be ETH1.

I have rather similar problem.  And what is the solution when the cards
are the same type? -- The closest I got is:

nameif (8)           - name network interfaces based on MAC addresses

But I couldn't find nameif called from anywhere--so I guess the right
thing to do would be to call it from /etc/init.d/networking or
/etc/networking/interfaces.

Whoopy Xmas.
Jan.

--
Jan Minar                      Had I any humility, I would be perfect.