Re: USB / Gnome 2.2 / Tungsten T2

Okay!

I updated hotplug, pilot-xfer, and gpilotd. Made sure gpilotd runs at
boot, then all the needed modprobes (usb-uhci, visor). Run something
like

  pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -l

it asks to press the hotsync button. I do, and the program runs.

It's all so simple -- after a couple month's worth of dicking around.
;)

Thanks to everyone for your help and tips.

I still have to test/run with kpilot, jpilot, or evolution. Right now
I'm just happy to get the things to talk with each other reasonably.

thanks again,
dirk aubrey

Martin Strauss <martin@ockle.org> wrote in message news:<15kpa-Ki-5@gated-at.bofh.it>...
> I had similar problems with my Tungsten T... just as you describe.  I
> found that often it would work for a while, and then stop working.
>
> I haven't found a solution for pilot-xfer, but since I've been using
> gnome-pilot, I've had no problems (touch wood)... And I simply install
> files now using gpilot-install-file.
>
> Of course, you could always try /dev/ttyUSB0, i think the Palms use 0
> whereas the Visors use 1.
>
> HTH
> Martin
>
> Begin  Dirk Aubrey  quotation: