Re: photo-quality printer recommendation

If HP is sponsoring the sourceforge site to develop drivers for therir multifunction and photosmart printers, why couldn't the HP rep inform me of this?

His response follows:

---------

Dear Marc Shapiro:

Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard.

The DeskJet, OfficeJet, PhotoSmart and PSC printer series support one or
more of the following operating systems:

Mircosoft Windows
Apple Macintosh OS
Palm OS 4.0
IBM OS/2

Hewlett-Packard is always looking to improve and expand our product
line; however, as a Hewlett-Packard representative, I am unable to
provide information on Linux related products that may or may not be
under development.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

You can check on availability Linux drivers by any of the following

<Several useless options SNIPPED including links to sites which mention only Windows and Mac drivers, loading from the CD-ROM (I told him that I do not have the printer, yet, and the drivers are only going to be Win/Mac, or the description on the box would mention Linux) and writing to Corporate Headquarters (that one might actually have done some good)>

--
Marc Shapiro

Expand your wine savvy ? and get some great new recipes ? at MSN Wine. http://wine.msn.com