Re: modem external

Paul Morgan <paulswm@earthlink.net> writes:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:44:50 -0200, Bruno Vane wrote:
>
>> someone can help me to setup an us robotics courier v.everything external
>> modem on debian 3.1?
>> my linux is detecting the modem, and the modem dials to the provider, but
>> cant establish the connection.
>
> What's the exact model number of the modem?  Is it a Winmodem?

Traditional wisdom is that it's hard to go wrong with an external
modem, since they plug into a normal serial port which Linux always
knows how to talk to.  There's no such thing as an external winmodem.
:-)  This might be less true in the modern age of USB, though.  Is
the connector a 9- or 25-pin serial connector, or is it USB or
something else?

	-- Abra Mitchell