Re: how to access certain part of memory

j smith <rootof3@yahoo.com> writes:

> i want to write a program to read array of Java applet running in
> browser.

I'm unclear that there's a good way to do that; if you actually needed
something that complicated, I'd probably write a stand-alone Java
application (or a stand-alone program in your language of choice with
fewer dependency/freeness issues than Java).

> in other words, how are memory test utility implemented?

That's a completely different question; you'd want to look at how
tools like memtest86 are implemented, but the basic answer is "in
assembly, outside of the control of any operating system".

	-- Abra Mitchell