Re: Installing StarOffice6.0 problem

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response.

在 星期六 27 十二月 2003 22:19,Roberto Sanchez 寫道:

> > I encountered problem on installing StarOffice6.0 from CD
>
> Question.  Why StarOffice 6.0?  OpenOffice.org surpassed StarOffice
> 6.0 in terms of features and functionality a while back.  If you
> were using Star Office 7.0, I could understand.  Why not give
> OpenOffice.org 1.1 a shot?

That is a good question.

I have been using OO for long time until recently I was very disappointed on
its performance, OO1.1.  I have it running on a RH9 and on a Gentoo 1.4 boxes
respectively.  It takes at least 5-6 minutes to start.  I spent more than 2
weeks to find a solution without result and finally I gave up.  I tried many
methods including increasing memory, adding quickstart, etc.  When you
visit its mailing list you will find lot of complaints on its slow start
there.

SO6.0 was obatined as prize of luckydraw in a party.  I just test it.
Previously I has used SO5.  In my personal opinion I prefer OO until the
lastest event about its slow performance.

That is my story.

B.R.
Stephen