Re: start_configlet error

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 11:10:16PM -0500, Jason Stechschulte wrote:
> Setting up xserver-xfree86 (4.3.0-0pre1v5) ...
> start_configlet: configlet in path /usr/share/configlets/xserver-common is bad

I'm replying to myself in case I run into this again, my answer is right
here.  The error isn't really debconf, but rather a front end for
debconf.  I'm not sure why that was installed since I don't need them
anyway, so I simply removed python2.3-configlet.

Running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 still didn't create a
XF86Config-4 file though.  So I tried dexconf xserver-xfree86, and a
XF86Config-4 file was finally created.  Now I can't wait to get back
home and try restarting X to see if I'm getting any closer to getting
hardware acceleration working.

--
Jason Stechschulte
stech@enormousplow.com